Smart AF-11 (20 Pack)
Smart AF-11 20 Pack
This product would be a great hands-on addition for your next STEM program.
Note: Multi packs only come with one copy of the instructions, you are welcome to copy them if you need more.
Description: The Smart is designed with the first time builder in mind. This newly designed aircraft is inexpensive, simple to build and very rugged making it ideal for both indoor and outdoor flying.
The sticks are pre-cut and color coded needing only white glue for assembly. The colorful AeroRacers light tissue is easily applied to the wing frame using glue sticks or white glue. Pre-shaped wing joiners attach the outer wing to the center guaranteeing the correct dihedral angle. The knowledge and understanding students gain for basic assembly and flight procedures utilizing the Smart will transfer to more advanced and complex aircraft.
The Smart has very stable flight characteristics and provides a number of methods for students to learn how to fly an aircraft. The rudder can be adjusted enabling students to learn how it effects the direction of flight and how the rudder needs to be set differently for low and high power flights. The wing is also adjustable allowing students to learn the importance of center of gravity and how changing the angle of incidence of the wing affects the lift characteristics of the wing.
Using a mechanical winder the Smart can easily reach flight times in excess of a minute when flown outdoors. You will need scissors and white glue to build the aircraft. The Smart can be stored flat and stacked (minimizing space) during the building process, minimizing the possibility of breakage, if it is not completely assembled in one sitting.
- All sticks pre-cut and color-coded
- Pre-cut and pre-shaped wing panel joiners
- High performance propeller assembly
- Covering material
- High performance rubber motor
- Professional plans
- Professional building and flying instructions
- Grades: 3-12
- Wing span: 11 inches
- Length: 13 inches
- Weight: 12 grams (approximate flight weight)
- Mechanical Winder: Makes it easier to wind, and lets you crank in at least double the amount of winds you could crank in by hand.
- Rubber Lube: Allows more winds per length of rubber motor.
- Slo-Zap: Drastically reduces build time.
- Zip Kicker: Instantly drys Slo-Zap super glue.
All AeroRacers products are designed, printed and manufactured in the USA.