Royal Defender AF-4
Wing covering designed after the aircraft flown by Canadian aviator, Captain Roy Brown.
This product would be a great hands-on addition for your next STEM program.
Description: The Royal Defender is a free-flight, rubber band powered airplane kit. The wing covering on the Royal Defender is made after markings flown by the famous Canadian aviator, Captain Roy Brown, who was credited with shooting down the Red Baron while flying for the Royal Air Corps during WW1.
The Royal Defender aircraft kits have been built and flown successfully by tens of thousands of students in the US school districts since 1992. The Royal Defender is a fully developed, proven kit that leaves nothing to chance. A true beginner’s kit, the Royal Defender is ready to reinforce the passion of flight in kids and young adults. The Royal Defender flies extremely well and is easy to build.
The Royal Defender kit features:
- For ages 10 and up
- Easy to build and fly
- All parts pre-cut
- Color-coded assembly
- Pre-Printed Covering material (as shown on package)
- No tools or knife needed for assembly
- Super sturdy design
- High performance airfoil
- Fully illustrated instructions
- 13.3” wingspan
- 13” length
- Approximately 15 grams flying weight
- Wing Chord: 3.5 in
- Stab Chord: 2 in
- Mechanical Winder: Makes it easier to wind, and lets you crank in at least double the amount of winds you could crank in by hand.
- Rubber Lube: Allows more winds per length of rubber motor.