Red Knight AF-3
Wing covering designed from the aircraft of WWI Ace, the Red Baron.
This product would be a great hands-on addition for your next STEM program.
Description: The Red Knight features the same build-up and flying characteristics as the Lightning, and is furnished with sturdy, full color pre-printed covering material. Great as an introduction to an aviation history research project.
The Red Knight portrays the legendary Flying Circus’ markings that were used by the German Ace, Manfred von Richthofen also known as the Red Baron.
Red Knight aircraft kits have been built and flown successfully by tens of thousands of students in the US school districts since 1992. The Red Knight is a fully developed, proven kit that leaves nothing to chance. A true beginner’s kit, the Red Knight is ready to reinforce the passion of flight in kids and young adults. The Red Knight flies extremely well and is easy to build.
- Packaged in bulk allowing parts to be passed out as needed, eliminating lost or broken parts.
- Proprietary, high performance Propeller assembly made in USA
- Easy to build and fly
- All parts pre-cut
- Dihedral supports for easy wing assembly are provided
- Laser cut ribs
- Color coded assembly
- Pre-printed covering tissue
- Grades: 4-12
- Assembly time: 3-4 hours using only white glue (This time can be drastically reduced by using super glue to assemble the frames.)
- Wing span: 14″
- Length” 12″
- Wing Chord: 3.5 in
- Stab Chord: 2 in
- Mechanical Winder: Makes it easier to wind, and lets you crank in at least double the amount of winds you could crank in by hand.
- Rubber Lube: Allows more winds per length of rubber motor.