(50-Pack) Lightning AF-1-50
The perfect first aircraft for grades 5 and up!
This product would be a great hands-on addition for your next STEM program.
Description: A superb, rugged flyer with very stable flying characteristics. This aircraft requires no tools and/or knife for assembly. All sticks are pre-cut and color coded for easy assembly. The durable and easy to fly Lightning makes a perfect choice for the beginner. The covering material can be colored with felt-tip markers.
If you are looking for your first aerospace hands-on build and fly project for your classroom the Lightning is for you. No matter the age of your students, this is the perfect first aircraft. We recommend the students to be at least fourth grade and up.
One Lightning flew for over 7 minutes outdoors during the 2003 Great American Aero Derby.
- Proprietary, high performance Propeller assembly made in USA
- Easy to build and fly
- All parts pre-cut
- Dihedral supports for easy wing assembly are provided
- Laser cut ribs
- Color coded assembly
- Pre-printed covering tissue
- Grades: 4-12
- Assembly time: 3-4 hours using only white glue (This time can be drastically reduced by using super glue to assemble the frames.)
- Wing span: 14″
- Length: 12″
- Wing Chord: 3.5 in
- Stab Chord: 2 in
- Mechanical Winder: Makes it easier to wind, and lets you crank in at least double the amount of winds you could crank in by hand.
- Rubber Lube: Allows more winds per length of rubber motor.