The Sparrow features the same airfoil and the same stable wing configuration as the proven winner AF-15 Aerohawk. A well built example will weigh no more than 9 grams without the motor. The Sparrow is easy to build and is very rugged for the beginning competitor, and is legal for the 2015 Wright Stuff or Science Olympiad competition.
Kit comes complete with pre-cut and color-coded sticks. The ribs are laser-cut. Plenty of Japanese competition tissue is included. The Sparrow comes complete with 1 competition propeller.
We recommend that you use our KI-9 propeller with the CF-M1 motor pack with this aircraft in order to extract maximum flight times from the design.
Our prototypes flew in excess of two minutes using the standard propeller right out of the box. This plane is very easy to build and fly with no tools required. We recommend you use Slo-Zap and Zip-Kicker to build the frame.
- Top quality US made motor shaft and propeller sleeve
- Wing Span: 48 cm
- Wing chord: 7 cm
- Horizontal Stabilizer Span: 18 cm
- Horizontal Stabilizer Chord: 4.5 cm
- Overall weight without rubber motor approximately 10 grams (can be lightened).
Assembly time: 3-4 hours
- Mechanical Winder: Makes it easier to wind, and lets you crank in at least double the amount of winds you could crank in by hand.
- Rubber Lube: Allows more winds per length of rubber motor.