This product would be a great hands-on addition for your next STEM program.
Description: The IFLY is for everybody. This newly designed all balsa aircraft is inexpensive, very rugged and an outstanding flyer. It can be built in a very short time due to the Insta-Angle Wing assembly system which allows students to quickly and easily join the wing panels. Insta-Angle (patent pending) guarantees the correct dihedral angle every time. .
All wing and tail parts are laser cut and the whole airplane assembles with two pieces of scotch tape. The knowledge and understanding students gain for basic assembly and flight procedures utilizing the IFLY will transfer to more advanced and complex aircraft.
The IFLY has very stable flight characteristics and provides a number of methods for students to learn how to fly an aircraft. The rudder can be adjusted enabling students to learn how it effects the direction of flight and how the rudder needs to be set differently for low and high power flights. The wing is also adjustable allowing students to learn the importance of center of gravity and how changing the angle of incidence of the wing affects the lift characteristics of the wing.
Using a mechanical winder the IFLY can easily reach flight times in excess of a minute when flown outdoors. The wing can easily be removed from the fuselage to store the aircraft.
- All parts pre-cut
- Features the Bausch Easy Wing Assembly System
- High performance propeller assembly
- High performance rubber motor
- Professional building and flying instructions
- Grades: K-12
Stick together all balsa wood assembly
Decorate with markers
- Wing span: 17 inches
- Length: 13 inches
- Weight: 14 grams (approximate flight weight)
- Wing Chord: 2 in
- Stab Chord: 1.5 in
- Mechanical Winder: Makes it easier to wind, and lets you crank in at least double the amount of winds you could crank in by hand.
- Rubber Lube: Allows more winds per length of rubber motor.
IFLY shown is decorated with markers